Saturday, March 31, 2018

Edith Falls


Well, it's not very often that 
we have a day when everyone is off work,
 and yesterday that was the case, so we were 
able to take a short drive to beautiful
Edith Falls for a cool dip. 



I was reminded, after a short hike up to the Falls,
that I am no longer young and fit as I once was.
But, it was well worth the walk.
Apparently, everyone else thought so too, as it was
a very popular place, being about the only
place there ISN'T crocodiles! 


Emilee prefers not to swim,
so she sat contentedly by the 'stuff',
while the girls and I clambered over rocks
and jumped into the roaring waterfall
and glided down the rapids ( I collected a few rocks
in those little jaunts, with my back that is! ) 
Dave was happy to just sit in the shallows and chill. 





On the walk back, I was very excited to see
the sky darken and a huge raincloud form
with amazing awesomeness! 
(someone, somewhere was getting very wet)
So, many photos were in order. 

Needless to say, the girls were beginning to wonder
where Dave and I had gotten to, having already made it down,
but they should have known, as I had my camera with me. Duh!! 

Just another reminder of God's awesome power
and goodness to us in blessing us with the beauty
we see all around us in nature. 



No comments:

Post a Comment