Thursday, December 18, 2014

Random Stuff
 
Well, I just thought I'd post some random happenings
here in the Holmes' household.
 

 
We are taking a break from school and seeing
"Schooling stifles my creativity"
(I just discovered that today),
I have done something creative in the kitchen,
first time in ages! Ha ha.
 
No, seriously.
I made Linzer biscuits with some cute vintage
cookie cutters I found at my favourite place to shop.
 
The op shop!
 
They were very fiddly but I enjoyed it.
I even took some to the ladies at the op
shop to show my appreciation;)
 
 You might remember, this time
last year, we had a bikky decorating morning
with friends. Well, this year, the girls and I
just did it on our own.
 
 
We took the table and all the trimmings,
into Abbi's bedroom to do because she has
the most space and also air con!
 
I think it would have been an epic fail if we
had tried to do it in the 40 deg dining room.
 
 
 
Well, as always, Lauren's were the prettiest
and most meticulous,
but Chloe made an adorable little duck........
 
 
 
And Emilee...........well, she made one too.
(Look away if you're squeamish)
 
 
 
It was missing a head,
so she made the most of it:)
 
In other news,
we have set up our pool again,
after finally getting the pool fence up.
 



And of course, we needed some very
important signage!
 
 
And some more..........

 
And I have another in the making,
but I'll keep that one to myself for now.
 
After taking a couple of days for it to fill,
we have discovered 2 lovely little holes
that are squirting out water. Sigh.
 
I think one of the many neighbourhood cats
that seem to make our house their home,
might have been stretching its claws on it
and it didn't show up until the pressure of the water
forced it to show itself.
 
Anyway, we'll figure that out later.
 
We'll enjoy it while it lasts.
 
In other, not so recent news,
I spent some time helping Dave out
at work for a few days in a warehouse.
 

It was at least 45 deg under the hot tin roof
and minus 20 deg in the freezer.
 

Absolutely painful going through
a 60 odd degree difference!
 
Anyway, it was all a new experience
and the best part
(besides getting to spend time with Dave)
 was that I learned to drive
a forklift! They are so much fun!
 

I can now add that to my growing repertoire
of vehicles that I've driven or ridden.
 
If you're wondering why there hasn't been
any truck trip photos lately,
it's because, after much prayer,
Dave stopped doing the long haul
driving as getting home at midnight
most nights was wearing very thin for all of us.
 
He is now working local for the same company
and only occasionally has to do an out of town run.
He misses the driving and adventures,
as we all do, but it is much better for
our family life and church ministry here.
 
 
Well, that's enough news for now.
 
Enjoy
 



 






 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your randomness :) That is good news about Dave finding a suitable job though I can understand you all missing the adventures and travel. Have a lovey Christmas time and I hope Emilee ate that poor duck and put it out of its misery :)
    PS: I deleted the first comment in order to correct a spelling mistake. I also wanted to say I think your pool sounds scary! Lol!

    ReplyDelete