Thursday, January 5, 2017

The latest here at the Holmestead




Last week, I was able to fly over to Malanda
to visit my family, and more importantly,
to be all together with my siblings, all at the one time!
It was a whirlwind 2 days, but well worth
the trip. We haven't been all together for 8 years,
so it was a must do!


As you can see, we haven't changed much
over the years. Cough Cough.
We had a lot of good laughs,
some singing, some sight seeing,
some fast driving in Jer's little Red Bullet,
some duet playing, and a whole lot of love!
(ok, so I just put that in to be soppy)


And if you want to know where we get our
craziness from, just take a look at the old guy
in the centre of the picture! Hmmm??


A snapshot of November 2008,
and December 2016!
Yeah, I know, more grey hair and some
added weight, but we're still gorgeous!
(matter of opinion, but I don't know whose?)


The weather was beautiful, and very
un- Malanda like. We hardly saw any
rain. On a side note, it rained the whole time
I was away, here in Katherine! Go figure?


I finally got to meet my adorable little
nephew, Josiah, for the first time!



And here's my little brother:)


I also finally visited the Spy Camera Museum
in Herberton, I mean I only lived there for
20 years and hadn't done it, but hey!


Wow! I could have stayed there for hours!
It was so interesting and I wanted to take all
the cameras home to add to my measly collection!


I did the falls circuit with Jer and kids
and Lauren and Linet. The water was freezing
but the kids didn't seem to mind.

And of course, you can't go past Millaa Millaa
lookout on a clear day without stopping!



And a lovely ladies tea party at
Nerada Tea Plantation,
despite the fact that most of us ladies felt like
a coffee at that time of the morning, and of course,
um, we were at a TEA plantation,
and, well, no coffee, sorry!
But we all enjoyed drowning ourselves in
pots of various teas and cakes and scones.


We even got to see 3 tree kangaroos!
Bonus! Except that I didn't bring my long lens
along because of added weight so I had to make
do with some movie footage instead.
Still, exciting stuff!

And of course, Mum's beautiful flame tree
out the back had to be photographed!


What an amazing God we serve, who is so
interested in detail in His creation
and the delight it brings us to sit and
gaze upon all He's made and the lessons
His creation can teach us.

But alas, all good things must come to an end
and the trip was over much too soon.
More memories made and hearts warmed.



As I flew into Darwin, I praised God that He
gave me the opportunity and means to make the
trip. Time is short and no one knows when they
might breathe their last breath, and step onto
Heaven's shores. What an amazing sight that will
be! None of the sights we see here on earth
will even compare to seeing our Saviour face to face.

James 4:14
Whereas ye know not
what shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life?
It is even a vapour,
that appeareth for a little time,
and then vanisheth away.











1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this sis :). One day I'll finally convince you to go onto Facebook or instagram too!

    ReplyDelete