Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Lord is Good


Yesterday didn't turn out as we had planned.
As I was heading out to pick up Chloe from 
work at the Child Care Centre,
Emilee got a phone call from the real estate 
agent that is in charge of the house that Laine has
rented for their future home. 



She told Emilee that the smoke we could see 
in the sky was from the area the house was in,
so she might want to go and check it out and
make sure all was good (Laine was at work).

So, Dave and Emilee high tailed it over there
and Chloe and I followed. 


The fire was quite close to the back of the house
and quite a few houses on that road. 
So, Dave was able to join 2 hoses and start wetting down
the dry grass and putting out the encroaching flames. 



The Lord was good and kept the fire from getting
out of hand, and even sent a water bombing helicopter
overhead to dump a load of water which helped immensely!



I didn't have my 'real' camera with me
but was able to shoot away with my phone. 

Today the fire has moved on but is still 
a threat to other homes in the area,
but the Lord is good to his people and we are thankful
that God kept Emilee and Laine's future little nest safe. 



I have uploaded a short video of snippets 
of the fire and even the water bombing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment