Monday, June 10, 2019

Flowers and Cockatoos



My sweetie brought me flowers! 
Dave knows that I love these 'weeds'
that grow in abundance in the tabledrains
along the side of the road. 
These sweet little flowers are called
Hairy Mulla Mulla.

They grow on stony ground or red sand.
(I'm sure there's a lesson in that)
Apparently it's an ephemeral herb that appears after rain. 
Well, whatever they are, I love them!

And I especially love them when Dave stops the truck
to pick them for me. Aww. 


 And here's a couple of snaps of some cheeky
cockatoos in the tip top of a very dead,
very hollow, palm tree in our yard. 

I'm so thankful for the little things, 
like weed-like flowers and noisy cockatoos,
that bring a smile to my face. 

Nothing is insignificant to God, 
the Creator of the universe. 
No matter how great or small. 

Job 12:7-10 

But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; 
and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:
 Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: 
and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. 
Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD
 hath wrought this? 
In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, 
and the breath of all mankind.


No comments:

Post a Comment